Thursday, July 15, 2010

MISTER BLAKE'S FIELD

I watched the little, brown man
and the tall fellow this morning.
The little guy, pushed his model airplane
through the grass for one takeoff.
Just one, and then the crash.
The plane went back into the trunk of the car
and they left.

The older lady
speed walks
and pumps her arms
moving on the trail
through the grass.
She went in
circles for a minute for some variety
or was she fooling with me
because she thought I was watching?

The old guy made square corners
for a couple of laps
on the big, green lawn.
When he saw me, he made
a hearty, overhead wave,
a real down to earth,
howdy, sincere wave
and held it long enough for
me to smile and wave back.

It's gray outside but the
light near my head is bright and warm.


##

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WILL REJECT ANY CHINESE OR JAPANESE IDIOMATIC WRITING, AUTOMATICALLY.