Friday, November 4, 2011

Concision Fiction

Waiting Room

The doctor’s office had a small waiting room. It was crowded, and the water cooler in the corner was making burping and gurgling noises as I waited for my appointment. I had gone in because I had a red lump forming in the middle of my forehead. It came up quickly, overnight, and was about the size of a ping pong ball. It didn’t hurt at all, but it was bright red and had a golden yellow center. Other people in the room kept sneaking a peek at me and whispering to each other. One old guy kept gesturing to his hat as if to tell me to pull my wool camp down lower over my head to hide it. He lifted his ball cap to show me a baseball size lump on the top of his head. It glowed red in the room.

[kənˈsɪʒən] n
the quality of being concise; brevity; terseness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I WILL REJECT ANY CHINESE OR JAPANESE IDIOMATIC WRITING, AUTOMATICALLY.